The Cross is the Declaration of who I am.
The Cross is a meeting place.
The Cross is God saying “Look at This!” It’s God’s judgement on humanity.
- God’s statement about who we are.
- Galatians 6:14 “But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.“
- Everything in the world MUST answer to The Cross! All philosophy, psychology, business, government and armies.
- Philippians 2:8 (Jesus)
- Colossians 1:20 “And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.“
- Colossians 2:14 “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;“
Whatever your sins are, they’re nailed to The Tree!
Satan is the accuser of the Brethren. When he comes to accuse and condemn you, if you embraced The Tree and received Jesus, just point him to the Cross. You are paid in full! God made a legal way to justify the sinner. He is a just God, so the Righteous One died on a Cross with your sins in His Body on a Tree. Satan was defeated and condemned at The Cross! Everything is based on the finished work of The Cross. “It is finished.”
The Cross is an Altar where God gave His Son freely for our sins.
The Cross is a Love letter. “For God so loved The World!”
The Cross is a Dividing Line.
- There are those that have been to The Tree and been cleansed by The Blood of Christ.
- There are those who despise The Cross and have no use for it.
The Cross is The Measure of Divine Justice.
- Nothing more could be done than for God to pour out His wrath on His Son on The Cross.
- He had to feel everything horrible that a man will do. (See Isaiah 53)
Christ died for all the wicked. All of us.
The Cross is God’s Declaration!
- If you can’t hear The Message of The Cross, there’s nothing you can hear! He is preaching from Calvary. Here Jesus preached the strongest Messages of all His Life! To the thief on one side He said “Today thou shalt be with me in paradise.” Christ FORGAVE him.
The Cross is an Invitation. “Come to ME.”
Fall, weep, repent and you will find forgiveness. SALVATION.
The Cross is The Final Statement on man’s sin.
- He punished sin on The Cross. The Lord Jesus Christ became the very personification of sin itself. EVERYTHING! And God judged it when He judged His Son.
The Cross is a Confrontation.
- Between God and Satan! Satan tried everything he could to rip the soul and faith from the Son of God!
- “Father into Thy Hands I commend My Spirit.”
The Cross is man’s heart opened for the world to see.
- The only sinless, perfect man that ever walked the earth…Man nailed Him to a Cross.
- Don’t ever expect justice & righteousness from the hand of a man, only from God.
The Cross is God’s heart opened for the world to see.
- The depths of the heart of God, the piercing sight of the heart of God.
- At The Cross of Calvary God began to open Himself up.
- There His arms are extended out as he calls for you.. “Come unto Me no matter who you are or what you’ve done, you will be forgiven.”
The Cross is where Salvation is purchased.
- Not the sinless life, but the BLOOD shed became the Blood Atonement. It will wash your sins away!
The Cross is where God and man were reunited.
- God brought you BACK.
- The Cross is the place where God and man come together. God came first, then the 2 of them together at Calvary.
- God reconciled Himself to man. Jesus became “Access to God.”
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CALVARY?